Ration Card is slowly becoming one of the essential identity cards in the current scenario. There is a pandemic that is threatening lives and restricting economic growth in the country. India has already been struggling with its large population and lack of jobs in the market. In a scene like this, it is evident that the government need to step in and provide extra support. It should. Some people sleep hungry at night and go to work in the morning. The ration card is the only way for these underprivileged to satisfy their hunger.
- In Uttar Pradesh alone, there is a high percentage of the population that is below the poverty line.
- It is mostly rural areas where there are no jobs, and people suffer from a lack of basic needs.
- As per an analysis, two hundred million people are living in UP, out of which about 60 million is in poverty.
- Despite being the most significant state, one can say that it is unfortunate to know that UP is also one of the poorest.
- Therefore, ration cards in this state are of utmost importance and will help the poor people to survive.
Ration Card In Uttar Pradesh
- The Public Food Distribution or PDS under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) has taken matters in their hands.
- They have segregated and created a whole new system of ration cards. Let’s check out the cards and see who can apply in what and how.
- Another essential thing to keep in mind is that there are specific criteria to get ration cards.
- The unfortunate events happen when they are sold in the black market and deprive the deserving.
- The Law and order of the state must take such matters in their hands as soon as possible.
Types Of Ration Cards In Uttar Pradesh
Below Poverty Line
This ration card is distributed among those who are incapable of earning money on their own. They usually consist of beggars who are disabled and incapacitated. The states of these people are so bad that they do not have shelter or food. They’re annual income if any does not go more than ten thousand rupees. It means that their level of life and state is so low that it is deplorable. In such cases, these people are seen as Below Poverty Line or are popularly known as BPL.
Above Poverty Line
People who come under this category are, in reality, no better than the below poverty line. Their only exception is that their annual income is more than ten thousand rupees. They do not have proper house and shelter and are dependent on alms from people or do some odd jobs if any. These people get ration cards under the tag of Above Poverty line or APL.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana
The people who do not have a stable source of income and has to keep hopping on one job after another will benefit from this ration card. Antyodaya Anna Yojana or AAY is for them to have a constant supply of food coming in from the government.
Criteria For Application For Ration Cards In Uttar Pradesh
To apply for the ration card, a person has to fall under any three of the segregations as mentioned above. Besides, they can only use if they are from India itself. If one of their family members have, but they do not, or their name is not in the family ration card. Once you find yourself within the criteria, these are the documents you will need to complete the registration process.
- Your previous ration card that expired got suspended or deleted.
- Provide proof of your national identity and house address through one of your identity cards—a copy of a postcard sent to self with proper stamp cover.
- Add three recent passport size photographs with your mobile number and email ID.
- You also have to mention your LPG connection if you have and details about your precious applications.
How To Apply For Ration Cards In Uttar Pradesh
At first, you have to log into the official website which you can find by clicking on this link. Follow the steps below for a successful registration.
- Once you log in to the home page, you will find a button called Download form.
- Click on the button and download the form. There is a drop-down arrow from which you can select application forms from either rural or urban areas.
- Click on your choice, and you will see a link for the application download appear.
- After it is download, you will be able to see a form that you will need to print out.
- Fill in your and your family details and submit it to the regional CSC center or Tehsil Centre.