Madhya Pradesh is one of the backward and weak states in the Indian subcontinent. Therefore, ration cards are one of the best ways to support the country. The food and security minister has been ensuring that the poor may receive as much benefit from the government as possible. Even though the quality of life is low, many kind people have been trying to do their bit in uplifting the poor and needy. Ration cards are a great way to ensure that the poor and underprivileged can get minimum food two times a day.
- In that effect, laws have been by both the state and the central government.
- People are encouraged to look into the matter if they can and do their bit.
- It is an excellent way for many people to accumulate good karma and feel great happiness from within.
- Giving back to the community must not be a choice or an option, rather a way of life.
- This way of living not only promotes selflessness among citizens but also help the economy of the country grow.
- Before we know how to apply for a ration card in Madhya Pradesh, it is essential to know what kinds of cards that exist currently.
Types Of Ration Card In Madhya Pradesh
Below Poverty Line Or BPL Ration Card
This ratio card comes in a red colour and is only for people who are the poorest of the poor. These categories of people earn less than ten thousand annually, which is close to nothing. This includes poor people and beggars living in the rural areas of the state. As per reports about ninety, six lakh families register under this ration card.
Antyodaya Anna Yojna Ration Card
This ration card is to those who are extremely poor and have no stable income to support them. The card comes in a yellow colour and offers subsidized food to the families eligible for the card.
Above Poverty Line Ration Cards
Above the Poverty Line, Ration cards are for people whose annual income is more than twenty-four thousand. This card comes in a green colour and offers subsidized grains to the underprivileged people.
Application For Madhya Pradesh Ration Card In 2020
- If you or someone you know is looking for the details and information about the new ration cards, old ration cards, status of their tickets, and eligibility then here it is.
- The Madhya Pradesh Ration Card is taken care of by the department of local food supplies and Consumer Protection, the government of Madhya Pradesh.
- The three types of ration cards can be seen in samagra portal and can apply through the online process.
- The official website is open twenty-four seven.
Are You Eligible For Ration Card In Madhya Pradesh?
- To know if you are eligible for a ration card in MP, check your family’s annual income.
- If your family already owns one, you will not be able to apply for another one unless your name is not in the family ration card.
- Newlywed couples in the weaker states can apply for a new ration card as they begin with their new family.
- Last but not least, if your previous ration card is expired, you can surely apply for a fresh one.
Steps To Apply For A Ration Card
- Once you find out that you and your family fulfils the criteria as mentioned above, you are ready to follow the steps below to get the advantages of the scheme.
- You got to the official website of the right and security government of Madhya Pradesh.
- Once you are in, you will need to create an account and log in.
- You can find your required information from the new ration card section.
- A new link with download will appear which you have to click and download from the site.
- Take a print out and fill in the details and then go and submit it to your nearest concerned government body.
Details And Documents For Application Of Ration Cards In Madhya Pradesh
- You have to bring in your identity proof which means you must have an Adhar card, voter Id, passport, bank passbook, etc.
- Next, you must have a residential address proof which is usually one of these documents along with any property that you or your ancestors own or rented.
- Another essential thing to attach will be your recent passport size photographs for use.
- Other relevant documents like your LPG connection number, electricity bill, water bill, etc. is also mandatory.
Can You Apply For A Duplicate Ration Card?
- Yes, you can.
- If your existing ration card is damaged, torn or lost by accident, you have to apply for a duplicate one with the documents attached.
- Besides, you also have to write an application for the same.