Bihar Ration Card has many rules and regulations that are concerned only with the state. In this state, the number of poor people earing very little daily gets the benefit of this ration card. The state government has been able to make the process easier for civilians. Nowadays, everything can be online. All you need to do is know how to check the internet or get someone’s help.
- There are several benefits to applying for the ration card online.
- One is that a poor person who has very limited or no means to chase for a ration card can do it independently.
- It cuts down the middleman who is not only corrupt but also harasses people at his own will.
- In India, we have many officials who enjoy wasting people’s time and make them feel frustrated with the system.
- The offline procedure is very inconvenient and daunting.
- Therefore the offline process is better, smooth, and more straightforward.
Types Of Bihar Ration Card
Below Poverty Level or BPL
Under this category of ration card, the Bihar government gives citizens of this state a red color card. The people with an annual income of less than twenty-four thousand is eligible for this ration card. This card provides holders with grains, rice, dal, oil, and other basic household needs.
Above Poverty Line Or APL
The Bihar government offers this ration card, which is available in Blue to needy citizens. People who get this are usually the ones whose annual income is above twenty-four thousand. The APL cardholder will get grains, whole weight grains, rice, dal, some groceries, etc. The card is in the name of every family member.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana or AAY
According to reports on this scheme, Antyodaya Anna Yojana, the people who are eligible for this scheme, are extremely poor. The recent report says that one has to pay two rupees per kilo for fourteen-kilo wheat, three rupees per kilo for twenty-one-kilo rice, and thirty-five kilo of food grains are to each family. As per the Indian Government, approx. Twenty-five lakh families have benefitted from this scheme. This card comes in green color.
Annapurna Ration Cards
The Annapurna Ration Card comes in purple color and is specifically to support people who are sixty and above. These include pensioners and older adults who are unemployed. People in their old age can benefit from the Annapurna ration card.
How To Apply For Ration Cards In Bihar?
To have your ration card and to apply for one, you must fulfill these criteria.
- An applicant must have an Aadhar card, which is compulsory along with other identity cards. You must prove that you are from India else; you will not get any benefit from the schemes as mentioned above.
- Secondly, if you want to apply for any of these schemes, it is mandatory to have a voter ID card.
- Also, If you are head of the family or someone else is, you must have electricity bills on their name or any kind of bills like LPG or water bills.
- Also, every member of the family must show their identity, age, and details as a reference that your family is eligible for this.
- If you have all of these, you can be guaranteed a ration card.
Process For Application
- Go to the official website of the Bihar government and go to the Home Page.
- On the left-hand side, you will be able to see a button called RCMS, which you have to click.
- A new window will appear, which will look like this where you have to choose your district name.
- Once you have clicked the ok button, you will be to another page to see a list of districts and their numbers.
- Choose from one of the ration card numbers from your chosen category.
- Once the print page option comes up, get a print out of the form and fill in the details.
- Therefore, you must attach all the required documents and submit them to your local government body.
Benefits Of Having A Ration Card
- You and your family can now get all the advantages and perks that the Bihar government offers.
- On showing the card to your nearest shop, you can get the essentials like rice, wheat, daal, etc. at a much lower price.
- However, it is crucial to have your ration card if you are getting a new mobile number or phone connection.
- As a ration cardholder, you will get subsidized food, but you will also get opportunities to work in a government office.